APAC Doctors' Privacy Notice – Last Updated November 13, 2020
Personal information we collect and how we use it
When you register as a certified Invisalign provider or user of an iTero scanner with Invisalign Singapore Pte Ltd or one of its associated group entities ("Align", "we", "us"), we, as the data controller and/or operator, store and use your personal data such as your name, address, phone number, practice details, your use of our services (including such information as orders placed and your treatment planning preferences), and qualifications ("personal data") in order to perform various functions:
- set up and otherwise manage your account;
- allow you to use, purchase, book and/or download products and services;
- provide you with information about our products, services, news and events;
- provide details about you and your practice to patients and potential patients and allow them to submit contact requests to you;
- invite you to take part in our surveys;
- analyze the use of our services and products, develop new or existing services and products, and customize our products, services and other information we make available.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. Where we have entered into a contract with you, such as to provide you with our goods and services, we will process your information to perform that contract. In other circumstances we may process your information for the legitimate business interests of Align such as marketing or improving our products and services, provided that these interests are not overridden by your rights. We will make it clear to you at the time of collection what our legitimate interests are.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Who we share your personal information with
Other members of Align's corporate group ("Align Group") may receive your personal information, which may be stored on Align Group's servers outside your country of residence.
We partner with other businesses who provide services to us such as the provision of technology or to assist us in our marketing, communications, and sales efforts, and may share information about you for these purposes. These partners are not allowed to use your information for any purpose other than doing business with Align.
For Customers who are members of a Dental Services Organization (“DSO”) or group practices, Align may also share information about your Invisalign or iTero usage, submission history, interaction with Align technicians, and other statistics with your DSO or group practice as part of Align’s regular analysis and reporting.
In addition, any information we collect, including personal information, may be disclosed to a third party (and their agents and advisers) as part of any actual or potential merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
We may also disclose personal information about you to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party if we believe that doing so is legally required or is necessary to protect our property or other legal rights (including but not limited to enforcement of our agreements or the rights of others).
We may also share your information if you consent to us doing so
Retaining and deleting your personal information
The Align Group will retain your personal data for only as long as it has an ongoing legitimate need to do so, for example, to provide you with goods and services, and to comply with regulatory obligations. The personal data will then be either deleted or anonymised or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then they will be securely stored until deletion is possible.
You have the following rights:
- to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You may be able to access and update some of your information yourself from the Invisalign Doctor Site.
- to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided below or write to us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include your country location.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, your personal information, or your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer:
INVISALIGN Singapore Pte Ltd
Attn: Privacy Office
491B River Valley Road
We may update this notice from time to time. When we do, we will list the last updated date at the beginning of the statement. Notice of such update and/or modification will be provided on our Invisalign Doctor Site or to you directly if required by law. We encourage you to periodically review this notice to stay informed about how we collect, use and share personal information.